- The Union Cabinet has granted ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) entered into by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India and the Institute of Company Secretaries of India with various foreign countries and Organisations.
- The two Institutes have signed MoUs with foreign organizations including the Institute of Public Accountants, Australia, Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment, UK, Institute of Certified Management Accountants, Sri Lanka and Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, UK.
- The various memoranda seek to facilitate mutual recognition of qualifications and a range of collaborative activities for the exchange of knowledge, experience sharing, and technical cooperation by way of participation in annual conferences, training programmes and joint research projects.
- The Union Cabinet also cleared the proposal of Home Ministry for the creation of one post of Director in Senior Administrative Grade, at National Disaster Response Force Academy, Nagpur.
- With the creation of the post of Director, NDRF Academy, the command and control of the organization will be entrusted to a senior and experienced officer, who can steer the institution as per the intended objectives.
- The Academy will impart skill-based practical training to over five thousand personnel annually.