Govt constitutes GoM to look into matter of concessions & exemptions from GST for COVID relief materials
- Union Finance Ministry has constituted a Group of Ministers, GoM to look into the matter of concessions and exemptions from GST to COVID relief materials.
- Chief Minister of Meghalaya Conrad Sangma has been named as the Convenor of the GoM which is constituted of total eight members including Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat Nitinbhai Patel, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar, Transport Minister of Goa Mauvin Godinho and State Finance Ministers of Kerala, Odisha, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh.
- The 43rd GST Council which met on Friday recommended constitution of a GoM to examine into the needs for further relief to COVID-19 related individual items.
- The Council also extended full exemption from Integrated GST on COVID-19 related medical goods for free distribution till the end of August this year.
- The Anti-fungal drug Amphotericin-B was also included in the list of medical supplies covered under this relief. The GoM will submit its report to the GST Council latest by 8th of next month.
Source -news on air