● Released by: Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations
● Purpose: The Report is the first evaluation of where the world stands in implementing the United Nations Strategic Plan for Forests 2030.
United Nations Strategic Plan for Forests 2017-2030 (UNSPF):
● The plan was adopted at a special session of the UN Forum on Forests held in 2017.
● The plan contains a set of six Global Forest Goals and 26 associated targets to be reached by 2030 which are voluntary and universal.
● It also includes a target to increase forest area by 3% worldwide by 2030 signifying an increase of 120 million hectares, an area over twice the size of France.