The Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways has inaugurated the Kuthiran Tunnel in Kerala
- The Kuthiran tunnel is the first twin road tunnel in Kerala on the Mannuthy-Wadakkanchery stretch of the Thrissur-Palakkad highway.
- •The 1.6 km long tunnel developed through the Peechi-Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary will improve the connectivity to Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, and Coimbatore and Kochi. Each tunnel is 964 meters long.
- It is Kerala’s first-ever tunnel for road transport and South India’s Longest 6-lane road tunnel.
- Kuthiran gradient is situated in the Kuthiran Hills, situated in the western part of Anaimalai Hills. The hills are a notified Peechi- Vazahani wildlife sanctuary.
- The road will improve connectivity to important ports and towns in North-South Corridor without endangering wildlife.