Supreme Court of India 2024 Recruitment of Law Clerk Cum Research Associate – Apply Online for 90 Seats, All Details & Updates
Postdate: January 27, 2024
Brief Information: An employment notice for a temporary position as a law clerk and research associate has been released by the Supreme Court of India. Candidates can read the notification and apply online if they are interested in the job specifics and meet the eligibility requirements.
Supreme Court Of India
Law Clerk Cum Research Associate 2024
| Important Dates
|Age Limit (as on 15-02-2024)
|Law Clerk-cum-Research Associate
Engagement of Law Clerk-cum-Research Associates on short-term contractual assignment
Online applications are invited in terms of “Scheme of Engaging Law Clerk- cum-Research Associates on Short-Term Contractual Assignment in the Supreme Court of India- January 2024” for preparation of a panel of approximately 90 candidates for engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Associates in the Supreme Court of India purely on contractual assignment initially on a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 80,000/- per month for the assignment term 2024-2025.
The selection will be made subject to fulfillment of the following essential qualifications and other eligibility conditions. It is made clear that the engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Associate is a full time assignment, purely contractual in nature. It will not confer any right on the selected candidates to claim regular appointment/continuance in service in the Supreme Court of India. Further, such engagement may be terminated by the Registry at any point of time with prescribed notice. A Law Clerk will not accept any other assignment during their assignment term as Law Clerk. They shall not practise as an Advocate in any Court of Law during the course of their assignment term as Law Clerks.
- The candidate must be a Law Graduate (before taking up the assignment as Law Clerk) having a Bachelor Degree in Law (including Integrated Degree Course in Law) from any School/College/University/Institution established by law in India and recognized by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate.
- The candidate studying in the fifth year of the Five-Year Integrated Law Course or the third year of the Three-Year Law Course after graduation in any stream will also be eligible to apply, subject to furnishing proof of acquiring Law qualification before taking up the assignment as Law Clerk- cum-Research Associate.
The candidate must have research and analytical skills, writing abilities, and knowledge of computers, including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processes such as e-SCR, Manupatra, SCC Online, LexisNexis, Westlaw etc.
The candidate must not be below the age of 20 years and above 32 years as on 15.02.2024.
Method of selection:
The selection process shall be conducted in three phases: Part I- Multiple Choice Based Questions, testing the candidates’ ability to understand and apply the law, and comprehension skills; Part II- Subjective Written Examination, covering writing and analytical skills; Part III- Interview. Details of the Pattern of Examination, Minimum Qualifying Standards, Terms and Conditions of contractual assignment are given in the “Scheme of Engaging Law Clerk-cum- Research Associates on Short-Term Contractual Assignment in the Supreme Court of India-January 2024” available on the website of the Supreme Court of India, i.e. www.sci.gov.in.
Choice of Test Centre:
Part I and Part II shall be conducted on the same day in two sessions at twenty three centers across India i.e. Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram and Visakhapatnam. A break shall be provided to candidates between the conducting of Parts I and II. The number of test centers may be increased or decreased, subject to the number of applications received and as per directions of Hon’ble the Chief Justice of India or the Committee of Hon’ble Judges on Law Clerks.
Date of Examination:
Written Examination in connection with engagement as Law Clerk-cum- Research Associate to be held on 10.03.2024. Model Answer Keys will be uploaded on the website at 12:00 Noon on 11.03.2024 and will be available till 11:59 p.m. on 12.03.2024 for inviting online objections, if any, from the candidates relating to Part-I Multiple Choice Based Questions subject to payment of charges.
Registration of application and payment of fee:
Eligible candidates are required to apply online for which the link will be provided through Supreme Court website, www.sci.gov.in. The application will be accepted through online registration only which is to start from 25.01.2024 at 00:00 Hours. Candidates will be required to pay Application/Test Fee of Rs.500/- plus bank charges, if applicable, through online mode only. Fee shall not be accepted in any other form. No postal application shall be accepted. The fee shall be paid online through Payment Gateway provided by UCO Bank.
Closing Date for online applications:
The starting date for online registration of application is 25.01.2024 at 00:00 Hours and last date thereof is 15.02.2024 at 24:00 Hours.
- The applicants would be admitted to the Written Test on the basis of the information furnished by them in their application form. They are, therefore, advised to ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions before If any candidate is found to have given false information or does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, the candidature of such applicant would be cancelled and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
- Issuance of Admit Card for the examination will NOT confer any right for selection.
- The candidates should scan his/her signatures and photograph having 5 cm height and 3.8 cm width (50 kb) in JPG format for uploading the same at relevant space on the online application.
- The candidates should fill up the required data in the application and make online fee payment in accordance with the instructions displayed on the link provided for the purpose.
- On submitting application online, a candidate will get a preview of application with Application Number. The candidates are advised to get a printout of the filled up application for their record.
- The candidate should retain his/her Application Number carefully for generation of admit card/call letter and for any other information regarding Written Test/Interview etc.
- APPLICATIONS WHICH DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS SHALL BE SUMMARILY
- All rights regarding the contractual engagement of Law Clerks are reserved with the Competent Authority, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi.
- Final engagement will be subject to the candidate(s) fulfilling the eligibility conditions, verification of their academic certificates and other required formalities.
- The Registry reserves the right to cancel/restrict/ enlarge/modify/alter the selection process, if needed, without issuing any notice.
The candidates should bear in mind while applying for contractual assignment that they will be required to work even at odd hours and on holidays, in exigency of work.
No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for appearing in the Written Test.